Periph8x
Posted at Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 4:09PM by Cricket_Boy

Good job about overcoming...I'll be maintaining communication on this forum because I can't access my e-mail at school...

Well, with the mouse and gamepad, you should get those done ASAP, as, if they are trival and easy, why not just get them done so you don't have to later?

The mouse would be best with 2 modes, Standard (up-down-left-right with 2nd and Alpha), and Enhanced (Mousekeys-style layout, with arrows as scrolling horizontally and vertically, and 2nd and Alpha being buttons 4 and 5, and ^ being the scroll button). It would also be cool with a key to press to swap between keyboard and mouse...

The gamepad should be able to be programmed (i.e. SIN types 'TI-84+'), and, during normal operation, gets held with the screen on the bottom (so the arrows are on the left and 2nd and Alpha are on the right) so it is easier to use for gamers who use a digital pad.

Also make it so it can be 'uninstalled', so it doesn't linger the way USB8x does (only way to quit USB8X is self-test). Also, for the USB MSD, only allow .8x? files to be added (Error:Access Denied).

All these features would take a while (but I want this program...), but would be well worth it in the end.

re:Periph8x
Posted at Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 4:12PM by Cricket_Boy

Oh yeah...allow a buffer for the keyboard, so you can type something on a bus, close the calc, go to your computer, plug in the calc, then dump the buffer (your current work) to the PC.

Posted at Friday, May 30th, 2008 1:43PM by Cricket_Boy

Another good feature could be the ability to control the Flash Debugger with the calculator keys themselves (possibly with a new configfile...), so when you press ALPHA, ALPHA gets pressed.

Posted at Sunday, June 15th, 2008 3:27PM by Cricket_Boy

How much longer do you think it will take to finish Periph8x?

You must be logged in to post replies.