ti83 screen on ti89
Posted at Sunday, June 22nd, 2008 3:46PM by MindsDesire

Hey guys,
Me and a friend of mine are both using the ti89 for a very long time now ,but our current professor banned the ti89 form the upcoming exam.First we thought we could still use it by simply switching the cover.
Yesterday a student from a higher exam told us that the professor wants to see the "ram cleared" screen right before the exam.
NOw i wondered if it is possible to show the ti83 screen " ram cleared" on a ti89.
Maybe u could help me.Thank you.

Greetings from Germany.

re:ti83 screen on ti89
Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 1:19AM by magicdanw

Does the professor want to see all the steps leading up to the ram clear, or just the final image? Because you could probably find a picture of a ram clear and convert it into an 89 picture, and display that on the screen. If you need something more involved than that, though, I know nothing about the 89s, so I can't help. Sorry.

Tell Germany the US says hi :)

Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 1:40AM by MindsDesire

No he only wants to see the "ram cleared" screen , so yeah it would be a solution to somehow show a picture.
But we don't know how to do this.
So it would be very nice if one of you tells us how to do it, or designs the picture for us.

Thank you a lot

Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 2:08AM by magicdanw

The 83+ screen is smaller than the 89 screen. Do you want the image in one corner, or stretched to fill the whole screen, or centered?

Also, one thing i realized is that the cursor should be blinking, but in a picture it won't be. Do you know anything about programming? You could make a simple program to flip between two pictures, making it look like the cursor's blinking...

Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 2:17PM by magicdanw

I assumed when MindsDesire said he swapped covers that he meant putting an 89 in an 83+ case. That's why I asked where he wanted the image, since I didn't know what part of the screen was visible.

I'd like to give MindsDesire the benefit of the doubt, and say that he is simply more comfortable with the 89 interface, which I've heard is quite different from the 83+. It is possible that he is using it for cheating purposes, but unless I know that is the case, I'm willing to help him out here.

Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 4:25PM by Cricket_Boy

Well, my friend (not anymore, though) has a TI-89 Titanium. You will have to do something about the toolbar and status bar, as the manual for the 89 depicts those two elements...

Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 4:29PM by Cricket_Boy

Who knows, there might be a TI-83 emulator for the TI-89...if so, just download and run...

Oh, and if the teacher wonders why each pixel has subpixels, just tell them you got the calculator a long time ago and TI was trting to use a higher resolution of screens (for their Flash apps), but it didn't work out ;)

Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 4:30PM by Cricket_Boy

Last posy, the word trting is trying...

BrandonW, allow post edits, please?

Posted at Monday, June 23rd, 2008 4:32PM by Cricket_Boy

Oh, and the keyboard layout is different...the teacher is bound to see that...

Posted at Thursday, June 26th, 2008 6:05PM by MindsDesire

Don't get me wrong guys.
I really don't want to use the ti89 only for cheating.
The thing is that i am used to the ti89 because is was using it during my school time.The ti83 on the other side is totally different to the ti89 especially the menu.
And in fact i don't have the time to read the whole manual.
But i can't denie that having a ti89 instead of a ti83 is a nice side-effect=).

I hope you can get me, although my english is pretty horrible.

Posted at Thursday, June 26th, 2008 7:51PM by magicdanw

I understand what you're saying. And believe be, your English is much better than my French, even when I was still taking it in school. :P

How's the situation going with the class? Do you still want to try out that fake mem cleared image? I'll help you out making that, but I need to know where you want it displayed on the screen (see one of my earlier posts).

Posted at Friday, June 27th, 2008 12:26AM by Cricket_Boy

I still don't think it will work; there is the toolbar and status bar in addition. I think the first priority is hiding those two givaways.

Posted at Friday, June 27th, 2008 7:46PM by magicdanw

Are those visible while a program is running? How about when a picture is displayed? I should probably find an 89 emulator and check that out...

You must be logged in to post replies.