MSD8x .txt
Posted at Saturday, February 28th, 2009 4:30PM by Cricket_Boy

I cannot scroll up while viewing a text file. Why?

re:
Posted at Saturday, February 28th, 2009 5:15PM by Brandon

Because the text viewer is buggy and I didn't want to write the code to make a full-featured viewer/editor, and too lazy to figure out why the code I did write to scroll up wasn't working, so I just disabled it.

msd8x is very expandable, you can add onto it or fix it or take action on other extensions if you so choose.

re:MSD8x .txt
Posted at Sunday, March 1st, 2009 5:40PM by Cricket_Boy

So the only way is Y=, right?

Another question- why are there random character file names sometimes? It usually happens with 1 or 2 files at a time. And why doesn't the device respond if there is a hidden folder called 'System Volume Information' in the root? (This might actually be specific to my flash drive) I actually have tons of questions.

Posted at Sunday, March 1st, 2009 9:39PM by Brandon

It's been so long since touching this code that I don't even remember what Y= does.

Where do you see random character file names? It's very possible that the drive is corrupted in a way that a PC viewer can handle or deal with.

I've seen drives with "System Volume Information" folders in the root work just fine, so I doubt that's the issue. It could be anything, really. Reformat the drive and see if it still happens.

Are you positive you're using FAT16 partitions? There are probably builds out there somewhere that halfway support FAT12 and FAT32, where it appears they work but they actually don't, especially if you navigate anywhere but the root.

Sorry for not being all that helpful, but it's been ages since looking at it and they're not easy to test unless you want to send me a raw dump of your flash drive (formatted to as small a partition as possible first).

Posted at Monday, March 2nd, 2009 9:42PM by Cricket_Boy

I know I'm using FAT16, and the file names happen on EVERY flash drive I view (that works, anyway). I have the partition as 1GB on a 2gig FD. The SVI folder was because of XP, because of partitioning.

You must be logged in to post replies.