ROM reload?
Posted at Saturday, September 26th, 2009 10:13AM by bxsciencer

Is there a way to send a ROM dump back into a calculator or into another calculator? I got a ROM from my 3rd 84SE, and my 6th 84SE needs a lot of help. I was wondering if it would be possible to send the ROM into my 6th calc.

My screen is all messed up (or im really unlucky). Mario glitches like crazy when it does glitch. Chips Challenge scrolls down the screen, and back to the top after the splash screen, like a slow moving film

i can swear that the new calcs have worse and worse screens

re:ROM reload?
Posted at Saturday, September 26th, 2009 11:27AM by JoostinOnline

Try using this. I keep it on my 84+SE and if fixes any games that have problems. You can run it from ION, MirageOS, Crunchy, or the home screen.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/366/36608.html

Btw, why did you post this topic twice?

Posted at Saturday, September 26th, 2009 12:03PM by bxsciencer

oh. that was by accident. i reloaded the page for some reason, and the command to make another thread repeated, i guess

and ive tried that program already. it works for Mario, and continues to work until the calc crashes from pulling the batteries, but it doesnt work for Chips.

ive emailed the guy who wrote ALCDFIX, and he sent me a "permanent" fixer that invalidated the OS by accident

Posted at Sunday, September 27th, 2009 12:29AM by Brandon

This posting thing sucks and needs a rewrite or just an already-written solution.

The guy who wrote ALCDFIX is James Montelongo...there's an OS patch called PLCDFIX which does the same thing except it stays in memory and is impervious to resets of all kinds. If it invalidated the OS to the point that you couldn't boot...oops?

If it simply made it invalid so it fails the self-test and you can't send it to another calculator, you can re-sign the OS oncalc and fix the OS checksum using http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/resign.zip . It takes TEN MINUTES to run, but what do you expect, it's re-signing the OS oncalc. The math it's doing is insane.

Posted at Sunday, September 27th, 2009 1:54PM by magicdanw

PLCDFIX was never tested, because I didn't have access to a calculator with the problem. If PLCDFIX was the program that invalidated your OS, I apologize.

Posted at Monday, September 28th, 2009 9:33AM by bxsciencer

oh. its okay magicdanw.

and brandon. how would i run the program if the calculator wont let me do anything? it just said it was waiting for an OS the last time i used PLCDFIX, like when what happens when the battery trick is done

Posted at Monday, September 28th, 2009 10:21AM by bxsciencer

i just tested PLCDFIX again, and its been stuck at the "reloading OS wait a minute screen" for half an hour, even though the load bar is finished. should i pull the battery?

Posted at Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 6:02PM by magicdanw

Yeah. Like I said, PLCDFIX was never tested, so obviously it's got a problem or several :P That's why it's not on ticalc.org

Posted at Thursday, October 8th, 2009 4:48PM by bxsciencer

ah

You must be logged in to post replies.