What is Nspire8x?
Posted at Monday, February 1st, 2010 5:40PM by bwang

Does it link an 84+ to an Nspire? Or does it run on the Nspire 84+ emulator and do something cool?

re:What is Nspire8x?
Posted at Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 12:07AM by bwang

Also, what is Ndless? I recall seeing that it is the installer ExtendeD was writing. Is this a public release of it?

Posted at Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 12:03PM by Brandon

Nspire8x links an 84+/SE to an Nspire/CAS through direct USB and lets you browse/modify files on it, view various information about it, etc.

Ndless is the exploit installer that ExtendeD is writing, which is not publicly released. Nspire8x will have an implementation of it so that you can use an 84+/SE to install or exploit a connected Nspire/CAS. I'm not releasing or committing that part of it until Ndless is released, out of respect for ExtendeD.

Posted at Thursday, February 18th, 2010 7:32PM by bwang

What is the current status of Ndless? Is it not yet finished? Is it finished and running into problems involving TI reading the source and patching the exploit (I recall reading about that somewhere in Google's translation of the yAronet thread)? Is it finished and running into legal trouble?

Posted at Friday, February 19th, 2010 9:40AM by Brandon

It's still being tweaked and worked on, but it does work and yes, the main problem is that TI will look at it and patch the exploits it takes advantage of, which is why you can't find information on how it works, and why I'm not committing that section of Nspire8x.

The NavNet driver in Nspire8x itself works, and the exploit part of it is almost done (though not working yet).

You must be logged in to post replies.